Saturday, May 16, 2009

Artichoke Dip

Unfortunately I don't have a picture for this WONDERFUL, quick, and easy appetizer. How can you go wrong with cheese, artichokes, and mayonaise?? I made this for my sister's baby shower and there wasn't a spoonful left by the end of the afternoon. I've made this dip in the past, baking in the oven, until warmed and the cheese is nice and gooey. But in a similar recipe on Simply recipes (found here), she microwaves it and it's done in no time. I tried this and it came out great--and I didn't have to turn on my oven in this heat! I can't recommend this dip enough if you are looking for a crowd pleaser, and something really simple to make! Continue for recipe.

Artichoke Dip

2 cans of artichoke hearts, drained
2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove minced garlic
Dash of red pepper flakes
1 cup of light mayonaise
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut the artichoke hearts into small pieces. Mix all ingredients in an oven or microwave-proof bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring half way through. (Alternatively, bake in oven for 20-30min.) Serve with crackers or chips.



No comments: